Lou Berneman is the founding partner in this specialty fund that invests in academic start-ups.
Read a March 2014 article in les Nouvelles about Venture Capital: 101 by Lou Berneman.
Lou Berneman is Lead Advisor Non-Profit institutions for this private equity fund producing interests in health care products.
Read a March 2014 article in les Nouvelles about Maximizing the Value of License Agreements by Lou Berneman.
Texelerate assists entrepreneurs and inventors negotiate and craft license and related collaboration agreements.
Exemplary Engagements Include:InstaRecon, Inc. Bedrock Inventions, LLC
• Solazyme, Inc. v. Roquette Freres, S.A., Abritration
• Enzo Biochem, Inc. and Enzo Life Sciences, Inc., v. PerkinElmer, Inc. and PerkinElmer Life Sciences, Inc., Case No. O3-cv-3817 (RJS), Southern District of New York
• Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. v. Norwell, Inc., Case No. 16 193 Y 0066712
• Gatekeeper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Novartis Pharma, A.G., Civil Action No. 1:10-CV-11613
• SPH America, LLC v. Acer, Inc., et al. Civil Action No. 1:09-CV-740 LMB/JFA
• Apple Inc. v. Motorola Mobility, Inc., Case No. 11-cv-178-bbc
• Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Inc. v. Astellas US, LLC and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. Case No. 8:10cv2008-33TGW
• MedImmune, LCC v. Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. et al., Case No. 351304-V
• The Research Foundation of the State University of New York v. Nektar Therapeutics, Inc., Civil Action No.: 1:09-CV-01292 (GLS) (DRH)
• Apple Inc. and NeXT Software Inc. v. Motorola Inc. and Motorola Mobility, Inc., Case No. 10-CV-662 (BBC)
• SkinMedica, Inc. v. Histogen, Inc. et al, Case No. CV 09-0122 JLS (NLS)
• King Drug Company of Florence, Inc., et al. v. Cephalon, Inc. et al., Civil Action No. 06-cv-1797
• In the matter of Certain Mobile Devices, Associated Software, and Components Thereof, Investigation No. 337-TA-744, United States International Trade Commission (Microsoft v. Motorola)
• Emory University and University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc. v. Pharmasset, Inc., Case No. 30 122 Y 00596 09 before American Arbitration Association, Atlanta, Georgia
• Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Abbott Laboratories (Arbitration)
• St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants, Inc., v. Research in Motion Ltd. et al., Research in Motion Corp Civil Action No. 08-371-JJF-LPS
• City of Hope National Medical Center v. Genentech, Inc. B161549 Los Angeles County Super. Ct. No. BC215152
• Kourosh A. Dastgheib v. Genentech, Inc. Civil Action No. 2:04cv1283
• Frederic A. Stern v. The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York and Laszlo Z. Bito, Civil Action No. 01 19086 (RCC)